Today is the day to rejoice!! Thank goodness – my month-long project to reorganize my stamp collection is finally done. What a relief! I thought I’d never get it done – it was a long arduous journey where I almost gave up a few times.
Anyway – here is how I would find my stamps.
1) Look in my stamp inventory binder where there are 7 categories
- Alphabets (letters, numbers, punctuations)
- Celebration (birthday, new house, new baby, graduation, wedding)
- Design (flourishes, texture, backgrounds, borders, tags)
- Holiday (X’mas, Easter, Valentines, Halloween, 4th July)
- Misc objects (collage, objects)
- Nature (flowers, leaves, animals, critters)
- People (here is where I put my magnolia stamps and images of people)
- Sentiment (text, greetings, dates)
– where I will find “invitation”. Flipping to my “invitation” page on my binder, I find all my “invitation” images. This way, I only need to work with a binder on my craft table.
4) When I have found the image I need in the binder, I look into the boxes for the exact CD cases they are stored in.
When I buy more stamps (which we all know will happen), I just add it to the corresponding box & the corresponding category in my binder. Or if I happen to buy a stamp that I need to create a new category for, I just create a new box & a new corresponding category in my binder.
I hope this system works for a while because I’m not looking forward to recreating the whole system for a while.
Have a great day!